Solana Network Addresses Congestion Issues with Major Update: SWQOS Introduced

Solana (SOL) has kicked off the year on a high note, with its prices steadily rising. Despite receiving praise for its upward trend, the network has faced criticism for congestion issues. However, Solana has taken proactive steps to address these concerns by rolling out a significant update to its validator client software.

The latest version, 1.17.31, introduced by Solana Labs’ Anza, aims to tackle the impact of spam transactions that have been slowing down the network. One of the key features of this update is the stake-weighted quality of service (SWQOS), a mechanism designed to improve the efficiency of transaction processing from staked validators. Tim Garcia, validator relations lead at the Solana Foundation, explained that SWQOS prioritizes certain packets or connections to enhance reliability and performance. Currently, 80% of connections are allocated for QoS, while the remaining 20% are open to all users.

Anza took to social media platform X (formerly Twitter) to urge MainnetBeta validators to adopt the new version, emphasizing that the enhancements included in the update would help alleviate network congestion. Trent.sol emphasized the importance of widespread adoption, noting that the benefits of SWQOS improvements would increase with a broader adoption base. Rex St. John reiterated the urgency of updates, mentioning that further enhancements are planned for future releases.

In terms of price action, Solana has seen a significant uptick, with the asset rising by nearly 10% in the last 24 hours and reaching a high of $155.32. According to Coincodex, the asset is expected to trade within a similar range throughout the week. Given the latest update and the volatile nature of the cryptocurrency market, investors are hopeful for a potential uptick in the altcoin.

Overall, Solana’s latest update targeting congestion issues has been well-received by the community, with hopes high for further improvements in subsequent releases. The network’s proactive approach to addressing concerns and enhancing performance bodes well for its future growth and adoption in the crypto space.